The consulting company UPGRADE on behalf of its client, a large engineering firm operating in the Middle East, is looking for (1) one person to staff the following position:
IT Engineer (Athens Metropolitan Area)
Position Code: ITNGN0123
- Support the Company’s departments, internally, regarding the IT Infrastructure (on premise, cloud).
- Developing new computing systems (on premise, cloud) according to the specifications given by the staff members or other additional stakeholders.
- Being the owner of change and incident management procedures in terms of IT.
- Being responsible for the digital transformation as well as to provide technical guidance for future IT improvements and integrations.
- Providing 2nd level or 3rd level technical support to the end users depending on the technical issues encounteted in terms of technical issues by identifying the source of the problem and providing accurate problem resolutions in effective manner.
- Design and implement short and long-term plans and roadmaps to ensure technology infrastructure is aligned with the current Standards (IT & Cyber Security), compliance frameworks as well as needs and expectations of the interested parties.
- Being the solution Architect for the high level design and integration of new IT Infrastructure projects such as cloud computing services, Data & communication networks, applications, including creating detailed blueprints of existing systems for future reference.
- Installing new software or making changes to existing software based on client requests or company policies.
- Developing new computer applications based on user needs and specifications.
- Performing update patching & maintenance on a regular systematic basis on high end infrastructure and mission critical equipment in order to ensure optimal reliability and smooth performance.
- Ensuring that computer networks and network supported services are protected and are compliant with the company’s security policies by monitoring activity and performing checks for intrusions or viruses.
- Provide Management services (troubleshooting, patching, reporting, logging) and being the owner for the on-premise data center and communication services (network services, VOIP telephony server, UPS, cable management, hardware, software, and peripherals).
- Participate in the development of IT strategy in collaboration with other Directors/Managers.
- Prepare cost- effective proposals & RFP’s to justify proposed systems investments.
- Conduct research and make recommendations for new technology products, services and standards and provide technical guidance in infrastructure procurement and new development efforts.
- At least 8 years of Experience in IT engineering.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language
- Ability to manage enterprise-wide technology infrastructure
- Strong working knowledge of multiple programming languages
- Experience leading and managing teams of engineers
- Proven ability to solve complex technical problems
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- MS Office Advanced Knowledge
- Office 365 Administration hands on previous experience is a must
- MS Sharepoint Online advanced management skills
- Ms Teams admin console management
- Ms Exchange online Management & Security
- Ms Azure Exprerience or Microsoft related certificate
- 3CX / VOIP admin level knowledge and experience
- Windows Server 2012 and later (domain controller, Active directory, Group policies, File services, DHCP, DNS, WSUS)
- Database knowledge (MS access, SQL)
- Web Application Development
- Familiar with IT Ticketing systems
- Network administration skills (Routing, switching, VLAN management, WIFI, VPN)
- Intrusion detection – IDS / Prevention – IPS) (Proxy, WAF, Web filtering)
- Familiar with universal security standards and regulation frameworks such as ISO27001 & GDPR
- Endpoint protection Security Management (Trendmicro or Similar)
- Familiar with IT Ticketing systems
- Competitive salary
- Continuous training and guidance according to new market trends
- Conditions that enhance knowledge and provide important opportunities
- A modern, dynamic, professional and pleasant working environment
For any questions you can contact by phone: 📞2311 2411 36
Interested candidates are kindly requested to submit their CV to the address: 📩 firstname.lastname@example.org